Mez

Mez was a guy I studied Theology with.  Here's his story.

Questions to consider (just do the first one if you're short on time)...
  1. What do you think of Mez's story?
  2. Mez's background includes abuse, drug addiction and crime.  After his friend was murdered, he wondered, "What's the point of life?"  What do YOU think it is?
  3. What was Mez's first impression and reaction to the Christians he played football with?
  4. Why do you think 2 of these Christians traveled over 300 miles to visit Mez in prison?
  5. Today Mez is married with two children and leads a church in Scotland.  How do you explain this transformation?
A Bible verse to consider...
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. (1 Timothy 1:12-14)

A prayer...
God, please help us to consider Mez's story and the miraculous transformation you brought about in his life through Jesus.  Whatever our feelings about Christians, please help us to consider Jesus, how he saves and changes people's lives and how we might need saving and changing too.  Amen.